Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Avoidance and just being tired!

Well, hello! It has been awhile! There is a reason for that. I have been avoiding thinking about my illnesses and the limits that I have. I get like this from time to time. One moment, I am researching symptoms and the other moment, I just don't want to think about it. I have been avoiding lately. I think it is just because I feel useless, tired, no purpose. I don't want to think about how I am declining. I don't want to think about what the next 5 years are going to bring. I don't want to think about being dependent when I was just an independent woman. I know avoidance is not the way to go and I think with this post, I am getting over the hump lol So let me vent....
I get tired of planning my day. Not the simple "oh I have to go shopping, then to the bank and then to a friend's house". No, that is not the planning I am talking about. I am talking about "ok, I have to get the dishes done. Take a nap/lay down. I have to vacuum today, take a nap/lay down. I have to take a shower but wait, what time is it? I can't shower in the morning because that will use up all my energy for the day. Maybe in the afternoon but then I won't be able to do dishes or vacuum. At night, ok but now I am too tired from the dishes. Is it really worth the trouble showering today??" That is what I mean about planning. Planning is even tiring.
I'm tired of telling my legs to walk after a short distance. Really! I literally have to think in my head "ok right leg, left leg, right leg, left leg...oooh a bench!" I worry about my daughter's softball games. I did make it to every one this year but it was difficult. I don't want to tell my daughter but she is smart. I know she knew it was hard for me. But I did it!
I have really noticed a decline in my cognition and memory lately. Wait, what was I saying? LOL I couldn't resist. For instance, I was in pre-op for an epidural the other morning. I wasn't understanding what the nurse was talking about. Bless her heart, I bet she repeated herself 4 times. I just couldn't get it! My memory and word,  hmm..crap..hmm..oh yeah FINDING, word finding, has declined, ugh! I don't know that I am asking the same questions to my hubby and kids. I don't know that I already had a conversation about a specific topic with my hubby and kids. Losing the word in a middle of the sentence just sucks! I can't say it any other way but it sucks! Not to mention losing what you were talking about in the middle of a conversation sucks too.
Ok, I am done venting now. I think I really needed that lol. With all that said, I am still here. I am still fighting to figure out what is truly wrong with me. I am still here, fighting through the pain and fatigue, going to my daughters softball games. I am still fighting to put my thoughts together. I guess that is the most important part of having an unknown demyelinating condition. Still pushing through even when you are feeling down and trying to avoid it. I hope someone out there can relate!
Hugs to all!
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment