Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cleveland Clinic, EMG, Vomiting and Explosive Diarrhea!

Made it back from Cleveland Clinic in Ohio. I have been going to the Mellen Center for Multiple Sclerosis for a year now. Even though, at this time, I do not have the official diagnosis of a MS yet, I am being watched closely. I had 3 appointments back to back this time. MRI, EMG and one with my neuro. Hubby and I decided to go up the day before since my MRI was scheduled for 8 am. Woohoo! Alone time together without children! It was wonderful. So, went to MRI. Piece of cake. By the way, Cleveland Clinic has a MRI that is more open (but not an open MRI) so you don't feel like you are in a coffin and Faster. I had 3 scans. Brain, eyes and cervical spine (with and without contrast). It only took 1 hour!!  The EMG on the other hand, alright, I am not going to sugar coat it, it was painful!! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought the Doc was shoving nails in my leg, foot, hip and back. It hurts! The doctor was feeling around my hip. She says "Right there is my next spot.". I said "Umm...that "spot"... is a Fibromyalgia trigger point". She asks if I have Fibro and I responded "yes". Doctor says "Well, this is not going to be fun.". Great!! So, I made it through the horrible nail gouging with results if no large nerve disease but a diagnosis of Small Fiber Neuropathy. (Click the link to learn more) I opted out of the biopsy to guarantee the diagnosis. What is the point of having a biopsy if the treatment is Gabapentin for which I am already taking?? Grabbed a bite to eat before the appointment with the neuro. Hubby had a yummy looking turkey, cheese and BBQ sauce sandwich and I pepperoni and cheese slices.  (bear with me for this is important fact for later in this post) See ya in a year Cleveland!!
The trip home was fun! My father in law was admitted for irregular heartbeats and being scheduled for a quadruple cardiac bypass. So, we stopped at the hospital on the way home to see him. Finally on our way home, about 10 minutes away, I hear my hubby's stomach growling and him starting to moan because of intestinal cramps. Thank God we made it home before the vomiting and pooing started at the same time for him! Food poisoning from that yummy looking sandwich from the hospital! Go figure! Lol Sorry honey! Here I am exhausted from the trip. Hurting from the walking and sitting in the car for 4 hours. Trying to help my puking, crapping his brains out, moaning from cramps husband. Not to mention he's a man who is sick. (Ladies, you know what I'm talking about) So much fun! Never a dull moment!!
Hugs!
Jenn

Update: My father in law made it through bypass surgery just fine!! He's a tough old bird!


**Hotel suggestion...Holiday Inn Express, downtown Cleveland. Beautiful, clean, big room for $109 per night. The room goes for $149 but since I was a patient, the room was discounted.**

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment