Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I hate the heat! Uhthoff's Syndrome and Me...

I hate summer! I hate hot temperatures! From showering to being outside!  I have Uhthoff's Syndrome. This is a condition in which heat increases my neurological symptoms. My vision worsens (left eye only, optic neuritis) I feel flu like at times. The fatigue is SEVERE! I start to feel weakness on the right side of my body. I feel like I am going to fall over at anytime. My body feels so heavy at times. When walking, I have to remind my legs to move.I have to get into a cool room, lay down and sometimes not move. The symptoms do decrease after I get cool and rest. My shower temp has to be turned down. Not more hot showers. It bet it's lukewarm. Sometimes cold according to my daughter. I mostly shower at night because it will cause fatigue. What the heck, going to bed anyways! So yeah, I really hate the HEAT! Here is a link for a quick overview of  Uhthoff's Syndrome. If you want more information check out this great link from the National MS Society.

My teenage daughter plays softball. Of course, in the summer. I made a promise to her that I would try my damnest to go to her games. The only thing that saved me was Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads. I LOVE these things. They are a towel that you wet down with warm water and it stays cool for several hours. It really does! I would always bring a bottle of water to cool it down again if needed. So, I would have one wrapped around my neck and another acrossed my legs. Kept me cool! Ok, I know I had to have been a site to see. Here I am lathered in sunscreen (that's another post lol), in a reclined sun  chair so I can keep my legs up to lay down. Frogg Toggs on my neck and legs. All the while, holding an umbrella to keep the sun off of me. I know that I looked ridiculous but you know what, I didn't care what people thought. I only cared what my daughter thought. Her mom was at the game toughing it out for her!  I have an amazing daughter!

Oh, here is the link for the  Frogg Toggs Chilly Pads...Check out  Amazon too. They usually have them cheaper and neater prints (Pink zebra print is my next buy!). Also, the first one I picked up was at Dick's Sporting Goods.
Love them!! Hate heat and Uhthoff's!





No comments:

Post a Comment