Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Being appreciated....

I have a teenage daughter. If you have a teenage daughter, you know how much fun it can be (Please note the sarcasm here) I am truly getting paid back for my teen years. Again, mom and dad, I am SO SORRY! Overall I do have a great teenager. She gets good grades, honors classes, not on drugs or pregnant. So, I really can't complain. She has a friend who is not living with her mother and hasn't for  some time now. She lives with her grandparents and gets to visit occasionally with her mom. Very sweet girl. This evening, my daugter said "mom we don't get to spend enough time together". I just looked at her. "Ok, you feeling alright?" She tells me "I just feel so bad for my friend because she doesn't really have a mom and I really do appreciate you. I am lucky". My first thought was how sweet and great that my daughter appreciates me. My second thought was to get a pen and paper so she could write it down and date it so I can show her in the future when she is pissed off at me. LOL
I have come to a realization that my daughter is so much smarter than I will ever be. She has a great sense of humor, quick witted, absolutely beautiful and speaks her mind. She sees through all the bull and says what she thinks. I admire her. I am the lucky one to have such a fantastic daughter!!



No comments:

Post a Comment