Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

My best friend and my illness...

I have a best friend. I don't know what I would do without her. We talk everyday, 10 times a day. She is my rock! However, I was feeling as though we didn't physically spend enough time together. She works crazy hours and has a family. I am unable to drive to her house, go out when it is hot and humid and I have a family too. I miss my best friend. I miss hanging out with her. I miss camping with her. I miss going to play Bingo with her. Canoeing...not so much. (That is a post for another day) No matter what we would do, we would laugh and have so much fun.
This was really getting to me. I thought that she didn't want to hang out. I felt that I would be a burden to her. Example, she took me to a retail store. Pushed me in a wheelchair. We had a great time and I got exhausted. But I felt that this is an inconvenience for her. So, finally the other day, I said to her "you know I love you but why don't you ever want to hang out or do something? She said "Jenn, I do want to do things together. I wish that we could do more. But I know that you get  so exhausted with simple things. I will feel guilty that it would put you down for 3 days". I would have never guessed she felt guilty. I said "you know, I get exhausted doing dishes, who cares? We have so much fun together. When I get exhausted, I will tell you. It's not your fault. I feel worse when we don't do anything. I feel as though I am trapped in this house sometimes. You are not going to kill me if we do something together. Unless it's canoeing!" (seen Jesus twice that day lol) At this point we were both laughing. 
So we decided that we are going to do more things together. Even when I have to stop and lay down. I'm used to doing that anyways. I will re-enforce that my exhaustion is not her fault. 
This conversation needed to happen long ago. Communication is the key. Not only in marriage but in friendship. 

P.S-my dear best friend, if you are reading this, I love you and I don't know what I would do without you! Also, I do forgive you for trying to kill me those 2 times when we were canoeing. Truthfully, I never had so much fun and laughed so hard! Love you and thank you for being there anytime of the day or night!

No comments:

Post a Comment