Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The hardest thing about my illnesses...my mind vs my body

I think one of the hardest things about my illness is, what my mind tells me and what my body will do. My mind tells me that I can still do all the things that I use to. Camping, amusement parks, mowing the yard, pulling weeds, painting etc... My body, says "ha...not so fast lady!". I get so discouraged. I think mostly because I am negative in my thinking. Simple household tasks should be stupid simple. But for me it is a challenge. I hate that! Oh gee, I did laundry today whoop-tee-do! I need to change my thinking. I need to look at the positive. "I did laundry today...great! Now, what is next?" I need to get over  what I was able to do before because that is not getting me anywhere. I need to start commending myself on the tasks that I do complete. Let me rephrase that, I will start commending myself on the tasks that I do complete. I will stop thinking about what I was able to do before and start thinking about what it is I can accomplish. I will listen to my body more. I will be more positive! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment