Coming up next:

My first trip to a dispensary. Guess what? It's not what you see on tv!
Stay tuned!

New feature for Facebook users that want to leave a comment!

Wanna leave a comment but don't have GMAIL? At the end of each post there will be a "Click here!". This will take you directly to You're Not Crazy's Facebook page. There you will be able to leave your lovely comments!!

Or if you would like to visit the You're Not Crazy's Facebook page...click on the link below! Don't forget to like!!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's in your head! There is nothing wrong with you!

I have heard this so many times. I am seeing it become a trend with medical professionals. My father was told this for many years. He was told to reduce stress, find another job and see a psychologist. He ended up in heart failure, Parkinson's, hole in his heart and a paralyzed diaphragm.Yeah, it was in his head. Bless his heart, he past away this past January after fighting a long battle. I have another friend who was told it was in his head too. It got to the point where he was intubated and on a respirator. It was still in his head. His wife finally told the doctors off. He was finally diagnosed with ALS.
If it is in my head, how can I make myself lose vision? How can I make myself produce a malar rash? How can I make 2 lesions (they don't know what they are) appear on my MRI? How can I make myself turn red and sweat  after trying to complete simple tasks? Guess I have nothing else to do in my life lol
I have even gotten to the point of hating going to the doctors. It would instantly put me in a bad mood. I would tell my husband "What's the point? They aren't going to tell me anything." But I continue to go. Even traveling to Cleveland Clinic which is about 3 & 1/2 hours away. I will say, at the Cleveland Clinic, that neurologist does not make me feel like I am crazy. She knows there is something wrong. Just doesn't know what yet.
It is always important to get a second opinion. Hell, even a third. And always remember, if your physician gets angry or feels betrayed because you want a second opinion, that physician is not a good one. Your physician should never get angry or feel betrayed. They are there to help you and if you want a second opinion, your physician should be accepting of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment